Call for Position Papers
We invite authors to submit a proposal for a position papers on topics of interest to the EG Workshop on 3DOR. As many challenges in 3D object retrieval, search and exploration lie at the boundary between different disciplines, we encourage contributions from different fields, such as Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Cognitive Science and Human-Computer Interaction.
Position papers are expected to present an opinion about an issue, without the need to present full research and/or experimental results. Nonetheless, we encourage authors to support their views with clear arguments and evidence. A position paper may be a discussion of ideas, methods, results, and trends, focused on any of the workshop topics. Though, position papers about the following topics would be particularly welcome:
- Current role, impact and future perspectives of 3D search, retrieval and navigation on real-world applications
(including, but not limited to: medicine, biometrics, cultural heritage, e-commerce, fabrication)
- What lessons can 3D search and retrieval learn from decades of Information Retrieval?
- 3D search and big data search and analytics: commonalities and differences;
- Similarity as a cognitive process: how can descriptors and metrics reflect the user perspective;
- The role of users in current 3D search platforms, and trends for the future: user profiling, interaction modalities, feedback gathering and exploitation.
Submissions must not have been previously published or submitted for publication in any other workshop, conference, journal or book. Technical and research papers will not be accepted under the position papers category. Submissions must be in English and limited to four pages, following the same guidelines for technical papers.